Bulgaria represents an attractive place for investments in renewable energy derived photovoltaics facilities. This is mainly due to its favorable location in Southern Europe, the modern law on alternative energy sources, low land prices, the statutory guarantee of acceptance of the produced electricity over 20 years, as well as due to the low tax rates.
The highly qualified personnel of law firm Ruskov & Colleagues have already good experience with photovoltaic projects in Bulgaria. We have been working on over twenty projects of different size; three of them - already successfully completed.
We offer our clients a complete package of legal and financial services concerning the construction and implementation of a solar plant in Bulgaria. This includes especially:
- legal review (due diligence) of photovoltaic projects
- general advice on investments in photovoltaic in Bulgaria
- Determination of the legal requirements regarding the construction of the photovoltaic plant in Bulgaria
- Analysis of the regions in Bulgaria with a high energy potential
- Search for a suitable site by commissioning local brokerages
- Assessment of suitable land and assessment of the available infrastructure, communications and power supply
- Advice on site selection and recommendation of a suitable plot
- Purchase or lease of the land, preparing the purchase or lease agreements
- Carrying out the procedure for amending the zoning plan (reclassification) in agricultural land
- Implementation of all necessary approval process - environment, health, and fire protection permits, etc.
- Advice on the planning and implementation of the network connection
- Preparation of the photovoltaic project
- Financial review of the project in Bulgaria
- Applying for EU funds in Bulgaria
- Implementation of the planning permission process
- Contract negotiations with the grid operators
- Contract negotiations with the Public Utilities
- Preparation of all necessary contracts in Bulgaria - in Bulgarian, English and German language)
We have developed and commissioned one of the first photovoltaic systems in Bulgaria, which went into operation, providing their investors with legal and financial advice.